Monday, October 14, 2013

Thing 10: Online Productivity Tools

Before this exercise, I had never heard about Zoho Docs, so I was definitely intrigued to find out how it differed from Google Docs. If I am completely honest, until last year I was not familiar at all with Google Docs and now I use it quite frequently for collaboration with my work and grad school colleagues.

From the start, Zoho Docs seemed pretty user friendly and easy to navigate. I do like the fact that you can create presentation (which I am not sure if you can do in Google Docs). I usually only use collaborative tools for documents or spreadsheets, so it was interesting to see the different options that were available with Zoho Docs.

Although I like Zoho Docs, I will probably not switch to using that in lieu of Google Docs as I do not want to have to transfer over my current documents to this new tool. If there is something in class that I can use with my students, then I might consider using Zoho Docs instead of Google Docs.

No comments:

Post a Comment