Monday, October 14, 2013

Thing 12: Discovering YouTube

I love YouTube! Whether it is for personal or professional use, I think it is a great resource for educational as well as fun videos. I have used Teacher Tube, but have not found that many resources that are helpful for my specific content. Before this blog though, I had never heard of School Tube, so I will definitely have to check that out.

My students love YouTube as well. I try to show video clips that relate to our current content, whether they are news clips, music videos or other videos whenever possible to make the material more interactive for my students. I think YouTube is a great resource for Teachers as their are so many resources available at your disposal.

One of the most popular videos right now, which my students keep requesting me to show at the end of class (and which has nothing to do with my content material) is the Fox Video. If you have not seen this music video, then you should. Although it is extremely ridiculous, it has gained worldwide notoriety and is even being played on the radio. Watch it for yourself and as a warning, I'll tell you it is very catchy so don't be surprised when you start singing it in your head! I'll even admit that I kind of like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment